The Basque Centre for Climate Change (BC3) offers a full-time Researcher Assistant Position within the project HOBE, project reference TED2021-132109B-C22 funded by MCIN/AEI/10.13039/501100011033 and European Union “NextGenerationEU”/ PRTR, a 2 year research project coordinated by PiE Plentzia Marine Station. The position will be located at the BC3 research group Health and Climate, within the Adaptation Lab research line.
Climate change and environmental contamination have become the biggest threats to human life and to the ecosystem, and both have cross-implications for political-socio-economic outcomes. HOBE aims at improving the understanding of the interconnections between climate change, environmental pollution, and impacts on human/animal/plant health in a typical coastal area, the Bay of Plentzia (Basque Coast), characterised by several socio-economic activities and strong seasonality in tourism.
BC3 is looking for a Research Assistant who can support the Principal Investigators and the Postdoctoral researcher in the scientific and communication tasks along its 2 years of project life.
The researcher will support the research activities related to literature review, stakeholders’ interviews and workshops, co-design of the One Health Observatory Lighthouse, working jointly with the Postdoctoral Researcher in HOBE to achieve the scientific objectives of the project.
- Contribute to the critical literature review of studies in the Basque Coast relating impacts of climate change, environmental contamination and socio-economic activities under a One Health perspective.
- Mapping of local studies and research gaps.
- Analysis of One Health, Eco-Health and Planetary Health approaches, common points and trade-offs.
- Conduct interviews with stakeholders, analysis of results and reporting.
- Contribute to the organization of the stakeholder workshops to co-design a pilot One Health Observatory Lighthouse.
- The successful candidate should hold a Master’s degree in social, environmental or health sciences.
- Excellent written and oral command of Spanish and working knowledge of English.
- A strong motivation, interest in social, environmental and health issues, interdisciplinary collaboration.
Benefits and work environment
- Interdisciplinary and inspiring work environment.
- 35-hour week work calendar.
- 30 days of vacation per year.
Term of contract
Immediate incorporation according to the availability of the suitable candidate. The position is fixed term contract until the 30th of November 2024, linked to the project extension, with a six-month probationary period.
The position will carry competitive salary, matching the academic and professional profile of the applicant, and excellent work conditions.
Basque Centre for Climate Change, Leioa, Spain.
As an HR Excellence awarded institution, BC3 is committed to conciliating research-academic requirements and family duties. BC3 is particularly concerned with creating equal opportunities for people despite sex and gender. Women with relevant qualifications are therefore strongly encouraged to apply for the position.
Fill the form below and upload one PDF document with the following information:
- One-page MOTIVATION LETTER.
- Contact information of two referees.
20th of December 2022 (CET 15:00).
Please consider that only applications sent through the form included at the bottom of the BC3 web page will be considered (https://info.bc3research.org/job-offers/).,
This form is disabled.