- This event has passed.
UN Climate Change conference (COP27): Anything new?
November 24, 2022 @ 6:00 pm - 7:15 pm
The city of Sharm-El-Sheikh (Egypt) has held the 27th Summit of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change from 6 to 18 November. The quest to advance commitments and planning for global climate action and implementation was at the centre of the debate. At this fifth summit held on the African continent, both adaptation to climate change impacts and financing were high on the agenda.
In this seminar, BC3 scientific director María José Sanz, together with BC3 research associate Elisa Sainz de Murieta, Teresa Solana (advisor to the directorate of the Spanish Climate Change Office of the Ministry for the ecological transition and the demographic challenge) and Héloïse Chicou (global climate engagement and advocacy manager at Regions4) will analyse the highlights of this summit, including the agreements adopted, the progress made and the pending issues from the perspective of multiple actors: academia, the public sector, and the private sector.
- Elisa Sainz de Murieta | Lecturer and researcher at the UPV/EHU and associate researcher at BC3
- Elisa Sainz de Murieta Zugadi | Lecturer and researcher at the UPV/EHU and associate researcher at BC3 (Moderator)
Global goal on adaptation
- María José Sanz Sánchez | BC3 Scientific director
The public administration perspective
- Teresa Solana | Oficina Española de Cambio Climático
The role of non-state actors and climate action at the regional and local level
- Heloise Chicou | Regions4 Climate Change Officer
18:45 – 19:10 Discussion and questions