The level of dedication in the different activities will vary throughout the contract period depending on the needs of the project and the established work schedule. This will be managed by the internal project coordinator at BC3.
In general, and for each of these activities, the selected person will be responsible for (but not limited to):
– Review the state of the art, (including scientific and grey literature), and good practices of climate change and health policies at the urban level.
– Study of the competences and functions of the different public administrations in the Basque Country.
– Study of the competences and regulatory framework of urban planning in the Basque Country.
– Review and select suitable mechanisms for climate risk management and planning in the Basque Country.
– Prepare materials and support for the organization of events, workshops, seminars, surveys and interviews.
– Support in the creation of databases and technical analysis of the data collected.
– Contribute to the development of the deliverables and documents of the project.
– Communicate and coordinate with both technical and non-technical stakeholders, under the supervision of the task leaders.
– Assist in the internal coordination of BC3, as well as in the preparation of external dissemination materials.
The selected person will be physically located in Leioa (Bizkaia) at the UPV-EHU Science Park, at BC3 facilities. The selected person will work under the direct supervision of Estibaliz Sanz (project coordinator at BC3) and in close collaboration with Dr. Aline Chiabai and Dr. Marta Olazabal, according to the needs of the project. The applicant is expected to comply with the standards of conduct and ethics imposed by the host institution (BC3).
Experience / skills required:
- Knowledge of sustainability policies and climate change.
- Experience in the analysis of sectoral and urban policies, and instruments of territorial and urban planning.
- Master’s degree in the field related to the project or experience in consulting or applied research projects.
- Fluency in Spanish, Basque and English, demonstrable.
- Demonstrable expertise in database management and in the use of spreadsheets and word processors.
- Good oral and written communication skills, interpersonal and analytical skills, with demonstrated ability to work in a multicultural team.
Desirable experience / skills:
Benefits and work environment:
- The selected person will join the Adaptation Lab research line at BC3.
- Possibility of developing a scientific career based on an annual preparation of an individual scientific plan.
- 35 hours a week
- 30 days of vacation per year.
- 1-day per week teleworking
- Possibility of participating in internal training, learning or corporate social responsibility activities of the centre
- Excellent working environment